Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This Is My Sad Face

Things happen, not always for a reason; sometimes the effects of these things cannot be undone. Some things make us feel good and some make us feel bad.



When it is time for the bad things to happen, we just have to get on with it the best we can. Over the course of a day or days, we find ourselves forgetting about the bad things and back to our normal selves.


But it doesn't mean we forget that it happened or that it didn't happen.






















And then a song or a picture or a misplaced motion in a routine make us remember the bad things and we start to feel sad again.



This can go on forever and can make us forget to remember the good things.


Which means we let the bad things win, like a naughty squirrel who escapes out of the yard by jumping from tree limb to tree limb. And this is not a good thing at all.



Rather, I like to look at the bad things as opportunities to inventory the good things I have and have had and make sure I appreciate them as much as I can when I have them.


That way, when I don't have them anymore, I can know that I treated them well and wore them out with love.



And then my sad face resembles more of a perplexed face gazing into the distance of a happy memory. It also helps me save money on tissues (which are fun to eat, by the way).



So , now, let's think about happy memories and remember to forget the bad things. Because those bad things don't help the sun come out at all.


OK folks. Remember to stay curious and stay positive. Because life is a good gift; the best gift is the goodness you give to those you love.


No comments: